CONGRATULATIONS TO CATERPILLAR, WINNER OF THE 2016 ANNY!
Caterpillar’s Global Supply Network team won the award for its supply network optimization project – the Assurance of Supply Center (ASC), a platform developed internally by the company and first launched four years ago. The data analytics and visualization platform solves issues of outdated processes, data unavailability and network complexity. It collects supply network data and transforms it into powerful tools used to drive decisions.
"Caterpillar’s supply network optimization project is a shining example of how analytics can provide critical insights and make processes more efficient. Congratulations to Caterpillar for creating such an innovative and successful analytics strategy."
Jack Phillips, IIA CEO and Co-Founder
WATCH THE VIDEO THAT SHOWCASES THEIR WINNING INITIATIVE
ABOUT THE AWARD
Since 2012, the International Institute for Analytics has presented the Excellence in Analytics Award - The ANNY - to acknowledge companies that go above and beyond to develop advanced analytics capabilities.
Recipients are nominated by IIA’s community of analytics experts and practitioners. All nominees are asked to complete an in-depth application and finalists are selected after a rigorous review process conducted by IIA’s Co-Founder Tom Davenport, IIA's VP and Research Director, Daniel Magestro and members of the IIA Faculty.
Companies are evaluated using the following criteria:
- Outcomes: Evidence of sustained, measurable success against planned targets and objectives
- Ambition: Evidence of innovative and unique quantitative analytical techniques being applied
- Scale: Level of coordinated internal resources to foster a meaningful, enterprise-wide analytics program
- Skills: Evidence of a commitment to improving analytical skills of all user types across the enterprise
- Insights: Evidence of higher quality insights and decision-making resulting in the analytical activity
- UPMC Health Plan (2015)
- Ford Motor Company (2014)
- UnitedHealth Group (2013)
- Intermountain Healthcare (2013)
- Procter & Gamble (2012)
- Dignity Health
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Enova International
- UPMC Health Plan
- XL Catlin
Read more about the ANNY.